Thai Peanut Chicken Pasta
Better than takeout Thai Peanut Chicken Pasta with sautéed veggies, chicken and a creamy thai peanut sauce.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
resting time5 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 3 Tablespoons sesame oil , divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon garlic , minced
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 carrots , julienne sliced
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped
- 1 cup napa cabbage , chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage , chopped
- 2/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 6 green onions , chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauces (or more to taste)
Cook spaghetti noodles according to package instructions. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil to a large wok or fry pan over medium heat.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan and cook for several minutes on both sides, until cooked through.
Remove to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then chop.
Stir sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside.
Add remaining tablespoon of sesame oil to the pan over medium high heat.
Add garlic, ginger, carrots, bell pepper, both types of cabbage, peanuts, chopped chicken, and green onions.
Saute for 2-3 minutes. Lower heat to medium and add the sauce to the pan and toss to combine.
Serve warm. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
Calories: 668kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 770mg | Potassium: 889mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 5330IU | Vitamin C: 60.3mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 2.8mg