Vegetable Tortellini Soup
This warm and healthy vegetable tortellini soup is packed with all the good stuff, including carrots, green beans, celery, corn, and tomatoes!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 ribs celery , chopped
- 1-2 carrots , peeled and chopped
- 1/2 zucchini , sliced into rounds and then chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 29 ounces low-sodium chicken broth (2-14.5 oz cans)
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes , undrained
- 1 bay leaves
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup corn (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup peas (frozen or fresh)
- 3/4 cup green beans (frozen or fresh)
- 8 ounces cheese tortellinis , refrigerated
- freshly grated parmesan cheese for topping, optional
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, celery, carrots and zucchini and saute for 3-4 minutes.
Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, bay leaf, parsley, thyme and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a low boil.
Add green beans, corn and peas and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add tortellini and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they float to the top.
Taste at this point and add a little more thyme, parsley or salt and pepper, to taste, if needed. Remove bay leaf.
Serve warm with a little parmesan cheese sprinkled on top, if desired.
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 339mg | Potassium: 1630mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 63.7% | Vitamin C: 91.8% | Calcium: 30.7% | Iron: 47.6%