Classic Wedge Salad
Classic Wedge Salad loaded with bacon, tomatoes and a creamy, insanely delicious homemade blue cheese dressing!
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 8 small wedge salads
For the salad:
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 8 slices bacon , cooked, cooled and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 cup red onion , chopped
- pecans (or walnuts), toasted (optional)
Easy Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 1 cup light sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper , or to taste
- 4 ounces blue cheese , reserve a few spoonfuls for garnish
Add all of the dressing ingredients to a medium bowl and stir well to combine.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or can be made several days in advance.
Cut the iceberg lettuce in half. Cut each half into about 4 wedges each.
Place wedges on individual plates.
To serve, spoon dressing over lettuce and then sprinkle the bacon crumbles, tomatoes, onion and blue cheese crumbles on top.
Garnish with fresh crushed black pepper, to taste.
Calories: 237kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 563mg | Potassium: 342mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 840IU | Vitamin C: 9.2mg | Calcium: 142mg | Iron: 0.7mg