Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad is completely delicious and comes together in just a few minutes. The creamy caesar pesto dressing shines paired with tender tortellini pasta. This is a family-favorite, served as a side dish or a main course.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 20 ounce package three cheese refrigerated tortellini
- 2/3 cup caesar salad dressing , divided
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 6 ounces black olives , drained and chopped
- 3 green onions , chopped
- 1/4 cup basil pesto ,homemade or store-bought
- salt and freshly ground black pepper ,to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 2/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese ,divided
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves ,chopped, for garnish
Cook the tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Add tortellini to a large bowl. Add caesar dressing to the pasta and toss to coat. Add tomatoes, olives, green onion, basil pesto, salt and pepper and garlic powder and toss to combine. Add sunflower seeds and 1/3 cup fresh parmesan cheese and toss to combine.
Serve warm or cold. Store in the fridge. If it seems to dry after sitting in the fridge (the pasta can absorb a lot of moisture) you can add another spoonful of caesar dressing and/or pesto. Garnish with the remaining parmesan and fresh chopped basil before serving.
Calories: 462kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 1079mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 10.3% | Vitamin C: 8.7% | Calcium: 23.6% | Iron: 15.5%