Oatmeal Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Energy Bites with steel cut oats and flax seeds are the perfect healthy, grab-and-go snack for a busy day!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 40 bites
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal (like Rice Krispies or crushed rice chex
- 1 cup peanut butter (you could use any nut butter)
- 1 cup ground flaxseed ground
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before forming into 1-2 inch balls. (If the mixture isn't holding together well enough you can add a little more nut butter or honey to help it bind). Keep refrigerated for an easy snack on the go.
Feel free to include other "add-ins" like chopped almonds, raisins, etc.
Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.9mg