This simple PASTA PRIMAVERA is bright, fresh, healthy, and ready on your table in 20 minutes.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 pound penne pasta (or other pasta)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- An assortment of your favorite fresh veggies ,chopped (i.e. snap peas, broccolini, bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, onion, asparagus, peas, spinach, cherry tomatoes)
For the sauce:
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (or half and half)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese ,or more, to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper ,to taste
- fresh basil leaves , chopped (for garnish, if desired)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Set aside.
Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
Add veggies, season them with a little salt and pepper, and saute for about 2-4 minutes, just until slightly tender. You don't want to cook them too long. Remove to a plate.
Add butter to pan. Add chicken broth and cream and bring to a simmer.
Stir in cheese. Season with salt an pepper, to taste. If the sauce seems too thick, add more chicken broth, cream or water, to your liking.
Add cooked pasta and veggies to the pan and toss to combine. Top with fresh basil, if desired.
Calories: 631kcal | Carbohydrates: 86g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 387mg | Potassium: 318mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 625IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 191mg | Iron: 1.7mg