Spinach Avocado Pasta Salad
This Spinach Avocado Pasta Salad is not only delicious, it's packed with vegetables and protein for a healthy meal or side dish.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
For the salad:
- 2 1/2 cups penne pasta (white, whole wheat, or other bite size pasta)
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup sweet onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 avocados , peeled, seeded and diced
- 15 ounce can chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
For the Dressing:
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.
Place cilantro and spinach in a food processor and pulse a few times until they are finely diced. Add to a medium bowl.
Stir in the garlic, onion, tomatoes, avocado, and beans. Add the cooked pasta, and stir to combine.
Make dressing and pour over the top. Toss to coat.
Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to allow flavors combine.
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 697mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1570IU | Vitamin C: 22.8mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1.9mg