Southwest Tortellini Pasta Salad
This easy southwest tortellini pasta salad is ready in 30 minutes, loaded with veggies and protein and coated in a delicious and healthy southwest dressing.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Total Time28 mins
- 20 ounce package three cheese refrigerated tortellini
- 1 cup corn fresh from 1 ear of cooked corn, canned or frozen corn
- 15 ounce can black beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 avocado , chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/4 cup red onion , chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Cook the tortellini according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Add tortellini to a large bowl. Add cooked corn, black beans, bell pepper, avocado, cherry tomatoes, onion, and cilantro.
Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a resealable jar. Shake until combined. Pour desired amount of dressing (you may not want to use it all) over the pasta and toss to coat.
Tips for making this ahead of time are listed in the post above.
Calories: 607kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 502mg | Potassium: 587mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1155IU | Vitamin C: 46.7mg | Calcium: 184mg | Iron: 4.8mg