Your family will love this easy Chicken Casserole recipe. It's the epitome of comfort food, and perfect for a cold night or easy weeknight meal. Made with minute rice, chicken, celery, a creamy sauce to hold it together, and buttered cornflakes crushed on top.
Course: Main Course
Keyword: casserole with rice, chicken casserole
Unit: cup, large, ounce can, Tablespoon, teaspoon
Calories: 261 kcal
- 2 cups cooked chicken , diced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup celery , diced
- 1 cup minute rice , uncooked*
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 large eggs , hard boiled, sliced
- 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup (or homemade)
- 1 Tablespoon onion , grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Corn Flakes cereal , crushed
- 1 Tablespoon butter , melted
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl except for the cornflakes and butter. Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish.
Mix crushed cornflakes and melted butter together. Sprinkle over casserole mixture.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes.
*I often substitute 2 cups of cooked rice, instead of the minute rice.
I love to serve this with a salad or roasted vegetables!
Make ahead tips are listed above in the post.