One Pan Roast Chicken and Vegetables
One Pan Roast Chicken and Vegetables is a super easy sheet pan dinner with chicken pieces smeared in an herb butter and roasted with your favorite vegetables. One pan, no fuss and the easiest clean-up ever: this dinner is a winner!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time50 mins
Total Time1 hr
- 2 1/2 pounds of your favorite chicken pieces (thighs, breasts, wings, etc.), skin ON
- 4 Tablespoons butter , softened
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary , crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato , peeled and chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped into 1'' thick peices
- 1 yellow squash chopped into 1'' thick peices
- 1 head fresh broccoli chopped into large pieces
- Other vegetable options: potatoes, carrots, onion, brussels sprouts, butternut squash, green beans, asparagus
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry.
In a bowl, combine softened butter, lemon zest, and rosemary until smooth.
Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper and then smear the butter mixture all over the skin. (Keeping the skins on the chicken pieces will help protect them and keep them moist.)
Place chicken, skin side up, on a baking tray.
Add veggies to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Add veggies pieces to the pan, all around the chicken pieces. Don't be afraid to add a lot of veggies because they will cook down a lot.
Roast (uncovered) for about 40 minutes - 55 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
(I remove the chicken from the oven with it reaches about 160 degrees F. on my thermometer. Then I tent it with foil to allow it to continue cooking to 165 degrees.)
Allow chicken to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 540kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 39g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 848mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 25.7% | Vitamin C: 127% | Calcium: 8.1% | Iron: 14.9%