Kung Pao Noodle Stir-Fry
This Kung Pao Noodle Stir-Fry is made with chicken, broccoli, bell peppers, peanuts and a homemade asian stir-fry sauce.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 12 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into chunks
- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil (or vegetable/canola oil)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more to increase spiciness)
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 red bell pepper (or yellow), sliced
- 1 green bell pepper , sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets , steamed
- 2 green onions , chopped
For the Sauce:
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili paste with garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root , finely chopped
- 4 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
Make the spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon of oil to wok or frying pan over medium heat.
Add red pepper flakes and peanuts to oil and stir until peanuts are golden brown and toasted (about 2 minutes).
Remove peanuts and pepper flakes to a plate.
Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add the chicken, cooking for a few minutes on each side, just until cooked through. Remove to a plate to rest.
Add veggies to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. Remove to the plate with the chicken.
Slice the chicken into bite-size pieces.
Make the sauce by whisking all ingredients together.
Add sauce to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to thicken.
Add the cooked noodles to the pan and toss to coat them in the sauce.
Add the stir-fried veggies, chicken, peanuts, and green onion to the pan and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Calories: 475kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 942mg | Potassium: 599mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1170IU | Vitamin C: 77.1mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2.4mg