Salsa Verde Wonton Tacos
Salsa Verde Wonton Tacos are completely addicting and SO easy to make! They make the perfect party or game-day appetizer that everyone will love!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 5 people
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , cooked and shredded (or use rotisserie chicken)
- 1/2 cup green tomatillo salsa
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup green onion , sliced
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- 12-15 wonton wrappers
- Chopped avocado and cilantro for topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl mix the chicken, salsa, sour cream, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and green onions.
Place the wonton wrappers on the baking sheet and place a large spoonful of the mixture on each wonton. Sprinkle a little cheese over each. Bring two of the opposing corners up and, using a little water, stick them together.
Bake for 7-10 minutes or until wontons get crispy. Watch them carefully while baking to ensure they don't burn!
Top with cilantro and avocado if desired.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 396mg | Potassium: 252mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 8.1% | Vitamin C: 2.8% | Calcium: 10.1% | Iron: 5.9%