Kicked-Up Tuna Melts
Easy Tuna Melts are made open faced with albacore tuna on crusty bread, broiled in the oven. An easy lunch recipe that kids and adults love!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 12 ounces canned albacore white tuna, packed in water , drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise , more to taste (or substitute half mayo, half plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup red onion , finely chopped (or yellow onion)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- pinch dried oregano leaves
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 4 slices crusty bread
- 4 slices cheese , cheddar or provolone
- avocado , optional, for topping
- tomato , optional , for topping
Turn oven to Broil on High.
In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and oregano and stir until thoroughly combined.
Arrange bread on a baking sheet and smooth a big spoonful of tuna mixture onto each slice.
Top with thin slices of tomato or avocado, if desired, and then a slice of cheese.
Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 721mg | Potassium: 272mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 300IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 279mg | Iron: 1.9mg