White chocolate popcorn with M&M’s is great for parties, movie nights, or just about any reason you can think of!
My Dad is a huge Marvel fan, and I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that he has made me a fan as well. The first few Marvel or superhero based films he took me to he basically had to drag me. But now, I’m usually the one begging him to go! If I’m not familiar with the back story he gives me a quick run down while we drive to the theatre.
We always share a big bucket of popcorn and some M&M’s™–seriously the best combination ever, and the inspiration for this recipe!
Being total Marvel superhero
geeks fans and all, my husband and I had a Captain America movie marathon to celebrate the release of the new Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie that recently came out on DVD. We were shopping at Walmart for the DVD, some popcorn and M&M’s when I had the brilliant idea to combine my two favorite treats into one awesome, movie-watching snack!
Thus, this White Chocolate Popcorn with M&M’s was born!
This stuff is ADDICTING! It’s got white chocolate and marshmallows so it’s pure soft, gooey goodness! Seriously, I should sell this stuff to the movie theaters! Or better yet, I should use the Christmas M&M’s in it and bag it up and give it out as my neighbor Christmas gift this year! And thank goodness that I still have several bags of microwave popcorn and a ton of M&M’s left because this little treat will make a regular appearance at movie night!
White Chocolate M&M Popcorn
- 1 bag microwave popcorn , plain or light butter
- 1 cup M&M candies
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips (half of a 11.5 oz bag)
- 1 heaping cup mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- Pop popcorn in the microwave according to the package instructions. Then Pour it into a large mixing bowl.
- In a sauce pan mix the corn syrup, butter and white chocolate chips.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and pour the white chocolate mixture over the popcorn.
- Gently toss with a spoon until the popcorn is well coated. Sprinkle in M&M's and toss gently. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
We had ourselves a little “date-night-in” and watched the first and second Captain America movies with some delicious white chocolate popcorn with M&M’s and drinks! And if you’re just as excited about the new movie as we are, here’s a coupon for $5 off the DVD at Walmart!! And, check out heroeseatmms.com for more fun stuff like quizzes to see which superhero or M&M you are!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. As always, all opinions are my own!