If I had to choose one food group to live off of for the rest of my life, it would probably be Thai food! Fresh spring rolls are one of my all time favorite foods! If you’re a thai food fan you’ve got try these Thai Lettuce Wraps, and these Thai Green Curry Meatballs. You could serve either of them with this delicious soup!
One of my favorite things about this Thai Butternut Squash soup is all of the hidden veggies in it. Squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, and onion. It has the perfect Thai flavor with a nice creaminess from the coconut milk. It’s completely delicious!
Consider trying one of these classic soup recipes:
- Spicy Chicken Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Taco Soup
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- French Onion Soup
- Chile Verde Soup
Thai Butternut Squash Soup
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion , diced
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 8 cloves garlic , minced
- 3 cups butternut squashes (uncooked), peeled, cut into 1”cubes,
- 1 large sweet potato , peeled, cut into 1”cubes
- 3 medium carrots , peeled and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 14 ounce can canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1 cup roasted peanuts , for garnish
- fresh lime juice
- fresh cilantro
- Add olive oil to a large soup pot over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add onions and sauté until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add red curry paste, red pepper flakes, ginger and garlic; Stir and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add squash, sweet potatoes, carrots and chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from heat. Get out a second pot (large enough to hold soup). Spoon half of the vegetable mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Transfer to the clean pot. Repeat with remaining soup.
- Stir in coconut milk and basil to the soup and cook until warmed through. Serve garnished with lime juice, cilantro and roasted peanuts.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.