My slow cooker becomes my best friend during the winter! Weeknight dinners are a piece of cake and always taste amazing because they’ve been slowly cooking all day! Plus the slow cooker keeps the house nice and warm! This is a super easy and delicious recipe for teriyaki pork. I like to serve it with brown rice and a side of peas or mixed vegetables!
Consider trying these popular dinner recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- Gourmet Baked Mac N Cheese with Bacon
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wraps
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pork
- 5 boneless Pork Chops , about 1 inch thick
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar , packed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- hot cooked brown rice , for serving
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Brown the pork chops for 1-2 minutes on each side in the hot oil until golden.
- Transfer the pork to the slow cooker.
- Add the garlic to the skillet and stir over medium heat until the garlic is golden.
- Stir in the soy sauce, broth, brown sugar and red pepper flakes; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour sauce over pork chops.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours until the meat is tender.
- Remove the chops from the slow cooker to a plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and cold water until smooth.
- Whisk the cornstarch slurry into the slow cooker, with the sauce.
- Add the chops back to the slow cooker and Cook for 30 minutes longer, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve over brown rice.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.