This salad is so healthy and the perfect way to get your family to eat their “greens” in a delicious way! You get your protein from the beans, healthy fats from the avocados, and there is plenty of veggies.
Consider trying these pasta salad recipes:
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad
- Pasta Primavera
Spinach, Cilantro, Avocado Pasta Salad
- 2 1/2 cups farfalle pasta
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup onion , finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- 2 avocados , diced
- 1 can navy beans (or chickpeas) , drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 1 medium lemon)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar , or agave
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until done, about 7-9 minutes. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Place cilantro and spinach in a food processor and process until chopped into tiny pieces
- Add greens to a medium bowl. Add the garlic, onion, tomatoes, avocado, and beans.
- Toss in cooked pasta, and stir until combined. Pour dressing over the top and fold into salad until well coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 10-15 minutes to let flavors combine.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
Recipe adapted from here.