This S’mores Bars recipe may be my favorite of all, with thick and chewy graham flavored cookie layered with marshmallow creme and chocolate.
I can’t resist the combination of marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers and these S’more Bars are easy to make, any time of year. They’re always a huge crowd favorite, and I love that you can make them a day ahead, or even freeze them, with wonderful results.
How to Make S’mores Bars:
Make graham cracker cookie dough: Combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. In a separate large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture, mixing until combined.
Press half the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of a 9×13 pan lined with parchment paper.
Add marshmallow fluff on top of the cookie dough. (Tip: If the creme gets sticky, dip your spoon in hot water, to help it spread smoothly.)
Add chocolate pieces on top of the marshmallow creme.
Top with remaining cookie dough. Break off small pieces and place the dough all over the top, flattening into an even layer as best you can.
Bake at 350F for 28-32 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.
Place parchment paper in pan before baking. Allow baked bars to cool completely, then lift the cooled bars out of the pan by pulling up on the parchment paper. Wrap the bars in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw completely before serving.
Follow me for more great recipes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 16 full crackers)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar , packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme or fluff
- 3 4.4 ounce Hershey's chocolate bars , or 2 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13'' baking dish or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture, mixing until combined.
- Press half of the dough mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Dollop marshmallow creme on top and gently spread into an even layer. If the marshmallow creme gets really sticky you can dip your spoon in hot water (shake off excess water) and it will help to spread.
- Break the chocolate bars into pieces and layer over the marshmallow (or sprinkle with chocolate chips). Place small pieces of dough all over the top, flattening into an even layer as best you can.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
*I first shared this post in July 2014. Updated June 2018, June 2021 and May 2022.
This post contains affiliate links.