Thick and chewy S’mores Bars with marshmallow creme and chocolate layered between graham cracker cookie dough. You can enjoy S’mores any time of year with these delicious and EASY cookie bars!
I can’t resist the combination of marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers and these S’more Bars are easy to make, any time of year! They’re always a crowd pleaser at gatherings!
How to make S’mores Bars:
Make graham cracker cookie dough: Combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
Press half the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of a 9×13 pan lined with parchment paper.
Layer marshmallow fluff on top of the cookie dough. (Tip: If the creme gets sticky, dip your spoon in hot water, to help it spread the creme smoothly).
Add chocolate pieces and stick them into the marshmallow layer.
Top with remaining cookie dough. Place it all around the top, the best you can.
Bake at 350F for 28-32 minutes. Cool completely before cutting to prevent a melted, gooey mess. Cut and serve!
Wrap S’more bars tightly in plastic wrap, then place in an airtight freezer safe container for up to 2 months.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar , packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 7 ounces marshmallow creme or fluff*
- 3 4.4 ounce Hershey’s chocolate bars , or 2 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease really well a 9×13” baking dish (you could line it with foil if you want, but mine turn out great when I make sure to grease the pan well).
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture, mixing until combined.
- Press HALF of the dough mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Dollop marshmallow creme on top and gently spread into an even layer. If the marshmallow creme gets really sticky you can dip your spoon in hot water (shake off excess water) and it will help to spread ithttps://amzn.to/3wb0mI9 easier.
- Break the chocolate bars into pieces and layer over the marshmallow (or sprinkle with chocolate chips). Gently spread the remaining dough over the chocolate.
- No need to try and spread the dough into an even layer–the marshmallow and chocolate should peek through!
- Bake for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting and serving.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
*I first shared this post in July 2014. Updated June 2018 and June 2021.