Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki is such an easy dinner meal and it’s one that my kids love! Serve it warm over rice!
It’s MONDAY and I’m here to deliver the EASIEST slow cooker meal for your family–Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki! Do you know what I really love? I love not having to nag my kids to eat when we’re sitting down for dinner.
Both of my kids are generally good eaters (they eat everything you see on my site, except for the sweets), but there are definitely meals they love more than others. I served this Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki with some steamed broccoli and edamame and they devoured every last bite. It’s so flavorful but just mild enough for kids.
The easy homemade teriyaki sauce in this dish takes just minutes to mix together, then you simply pour it over some chicken thighs in your crock pot and forget about it for a few hours, until dinner. Oh how I love easy slow cooker meals like this!
Consider trying these slow cooker recipes:
- Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Pork over Rice
- Slow Cooker Salsa Ranch Chicken Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Smothered Sweet Pork Burritos
Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki is such an easy dinner meal and it's one that my kids love! Serve it warm over rice!
- 2 pounds skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- ¼ cup onion , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes , or more to taste
- 1/4 cup cornstarch + 2 Tablespoons water , mixed together to make a cornstarch slurry
- hot cooked rice (brown or white), for serving
- Optional garnish: green onion, sesame seeds
Spray your slow cooker with cooking spray and place the chicken thighs in the bottom.
In a small bowl whisk together the the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar, honey, ginger, garlic, onion and crushed red pepper. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked and shreds easily. Remove chicken to a plate and shred with forks. (discard any bones if you using bone-in thighs).
Pour the sauce into a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Slowly whisk the cornstarch "slurry" into the sauce.
Bring to a low boil, stirring often, until the sauce begins to thicken.
Add the chicken back to the slow cooker and pour the sauce over the top, tossing to coat.
Serve over white or brown rice rice and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.