I’ve mentioned this before, but we are Mexican food freaks! We could eat some variation of Mexican food every night and I love coming up with fun mexican dishes like chicken and spinach flautas easy chimichangas, double decker tacos etc.
We always accompany our Mexican dishes with authentic mexican rice that I learned to make while living in Mexico, and, of course, some delicious 5 minute homemade refried beans! These salsa ranch tacos are the best and I love that you can just throw the chicken in the crock-pot in the morning to make this meal super easy and quick on a weeknight!
CONSIDER SERVING THIS WITH:
- Authentic Mexican Rice
- Pico de Gallo
- Homemade Refried Beans
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Tres Leches Cake
Salsa-Ranch Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package chicken taco seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8-10 medium flour tortillas
- Place chicken, broth, taco seasoning, and tomatoes with green chilies in a slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 1.5-2 hours or on low for about 3-4 hours. Shred chicken.
- Mix the 3/4 cup of ranch and 1 cup salsa in a bowl. Spread a very thin layer of the mixture on the bottom of a 9x13'' pan.
- Assemble the enchiladas by putting 2 Tbs of the ranch/salsa mixture on the bottom of tortilla, followed by a heaping spoonful of shredded chicken with tomatoes and chilies, and topped with shredded cheese.
- Roll up tortilla and repeat until you line the pan.
- Spoon remaining salsa/ranch sauce on top of enchiladas, and then sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and enchiladas are heated through. Drizzle ranch on top and enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
Recipe adapted from here.