Pumpkin swirl brownies are thick, fudgey homemade brownies (better than a box mix!) with a pumpkin cinnamon swirl.
Cake, pie, cookie or brownie. Which would be your very first pick? Such a hard question, since I’m obviously a total sucker for all things sweet. But honestly, who could ever pass up a good ole fashioned brownie? I have so many brownie recipes on my site, it’s verging on embarrassing.
Let’s see…we’ve got brownie truffles, mint brownies, caramel poke rocky road brownies, Reese’s peanut butter brownies…and that’s only scratching the surface! And I will be honest in admitting I never discriminate on a good box brownie mix.
Homemade brownies are awesome, obviously, but I’d never turn down a good quality box mix either. 🙂
So, even though you’d be totally crazy not to make these (ridiculously easy) brownies from scratch, you could totally use a box mix for this recipe and swirl the pumpkin mix as directed after you make your brownie batter.
Pumpkin brownies are something you probably see pop up often on your Pinterest feed this time of year, (are you following me on Pinterest yet?!) but there are a couple things that set these pumpkin swirl brownies apart.
First, they’re more on the chocolate brownie side, where most other recipes seem to be heavier on the pumpkin side and chocolate brownie). My preference is to make an awesome traditional brownie, with a small marble of pumpkin cinnamon flavor throughout. I thought these were absolutely perfect.
Also, this brownie recipe is the EASIEST and seriously makes the most amazing thick, fudgey, and delicious chocolate brownies. The added swirl of pumpkin throughout really puts them over the top.
CONSIDER TRYING THESE PUMPKIN RECIPES:
- Skinny Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
- Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Bread with Brown Butter Maple Glaze
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter , melted then cooled
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large + 1 egg yolk egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients for the pumpkin swirl to a bowl and stir well to combine. Set aside.
For the brownies:
- Melt butter in the microwave and then set aside to cool.
- Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl; flour, sugar cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In another small bowl whisk together the eggs and vanilla. Add mixture to the dry ingredients and gently stir.
- Pour melted and (slight cooled butter) over the top and mix just until combined (don't overmix).
- Pour ¾ of the brownie batter into the bottom of a greased 8x8'' pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture on top and smooth into an even layer.
- Spoon remaining brownie batter over the top. Use a butter knife to gently swirl the batter in both directions.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25- 33 minutes or until the brownies are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (or with just a few crumbs). Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.