Pumpkin and black bean chili can be made in the slow cooker or on the stove top. This is a fun twist on traditional chili that is a crowd pleaser!
I’m always surprised by the amount of people who have never heard of pumpkin chili! I think to some people it may sound weird, and they’d be turned off by the idea of pumpkin in their soup. But everyone should give this chili a try! It’s absolutely delicious, especially this time of year!
The pumpkin adds a creamy texture that I love and the soup is delicious! My two year-old couldn’t eat it fast enough, and my husband (who would typical roll his eyes at the name “Pumpkin and Black Bean Chili”) loves it as well! Having just had baby number two, my slow cooker is my new best friend! You could make this soup in a pot, but it’s soo easy to throw in the slow cooker and let the flavors blend together!
Consider trying one of these classic soup recipes:
- Spicy Chicken Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Taco Soup
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- French Onion Soup
- Chile Verde Soup
Pumpkin and Black Bean Chili
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 30 ounce can black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin solid-pack pumpkin
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes , undrained
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add turkey and brown for 2-3 minutes. Transfer the meat to your slow cooker, leaving oil in the skillet. Add the onion and bell pepper to the skillet and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and cook one minute longer. Transfer veggies to the slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.