Calling all pasta lovers—this dish is for you! I’m always on the look-out for delicious pasta dishes that wont hang too heavy on my hips afterwards :-). For example, this Guilt-free Fettucinie Alfredo recipe is amazing, and doesn’t use heavy cream or butter! I also really love this Parmesan and Spinach Orzo pasta dish! We often serve it as a side, or throw in some chicken or shrimp for a delicious main dish! It has all of the yummy, creamy flavor of an alfredo dish, but it’s a little healthier, and I must admit that orzo noodles are just the funnest to eat!
Consider trying these popular dinner recipes:
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- Gourmet Baked Mac N Cheese with Bacon
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wraps
Parmesan & Spinach Orzo pasta is one of my favorite comfort foods. It's a great way to sneak some spinach into dinner and your family will love it!
- 2 cups orzo pasta , uncooked
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 yellow onion , finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach leaves , chopped and packed
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley leaves , chopped
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Cook orzo according to package directions.
In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and saute about 3 minutes or until tender.
Add garlic and flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
Slowly stir in milk and cream.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bring mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Add chopped spinach and parsley. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese.
Stir until cheese begins to melt.
Lastly, stir in drained orzo. Serve warm, garnished with additional Parmesan if desired.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.