Mint Oreo Layer Dessert is an easy no-bake dessert with layers of mint Oreos, cream cheese, chocolate pudding and Cool Whip!
Anyone that knows my husband knows he has an insane addiction to Oreos. When we were first married he would eat a half a sleeve a night. He would either crush them up, add a little milk, and make a paste out of it that he called “Oreo mush” (ya, weird I know!), or he would dunk them in milk with his “special method”.
His secret is to gently stick the tongs of a fork into the cream center of the Oreo, and then use the fork to dunk the Oreo in milk. “No cold fingers!”
He has been begging me to make this dessert for a while now. He saw the photo of it on my instagram feed from Mandy’s Recipe Box, and has been craving it ever since! This recipe is just a variation of another one of my favorite four layer chocolate pudding dessert, but the shortbread crust is substituted for a mint Oreo crust!
I’m not going to lie, this Mint Oreo Layer Dessert is to die for! Your layer the oreo crust with a sweet cream cheese mixture, and then top that with chocolate pudding. Then you spread Cool Whip over top! It’s sweet and addicting and has just the perfect hint of mint!
Consider trying these popular desserts:
- German Chocolate Cake
- Snickerdoodles Bars
- Mississippi Mud Brownies
- Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- Mrs. Fields Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mint Oreo Layer Dessert
- 15 ounce package Oreo Mint Crème Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 8 ounce box instant chocolate pudding
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- 16 ounces Cool Whips
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- green food coloring
- Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until crushed. (You could also put the cookies in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin). Reserve 1/2 cup of the crushed Oreo crumbs for topping.
- Pour remaining crumbs into a 9x13'' baking dish. Drizzle the melted butter over the Oreo crumbs and gently toss with a spoon. Press the mixture firmly into the pan to form a crust.
- In a large bowl whisk together the chocolate pudding mixes and milk. Refrigerate.
- In another bowl blend together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in one container of Cool Whip. Add one drop of green food coloring, if desired.
- Gently spread this mixture evenly over the Oreo crust. Pour chocolate pudding over the cream cheese mixture and smooth into an even layer.
- Dollop small spoonfuls of the remaining Cool Whip over the top of the pudding and gently smooth it into an even layer. Sprinkle reserved Oreo crumbs on top.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. (Sometimes I even put it in the freezer, then remove it about 20-30 minutes before I serve it.)
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.