Grilled Ham and Cheese with Honey Mustard Sauce is the ultimate grilled ham and cheese sandwich with an easy homemade dipping sauce.
I just bought the most beautiful ham for Easter on Sunday! I think the reason I get so excited for ham at holiday parties is that I know there will be lots of leftovers! I have a ton of go-to recipes for leftover ham and you can view them all here.
I could eat this Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich every. single. day. Seriously. Probably because I make it with a big batch of honey mustard sauce. Plenty for slathering on the sandwich and for dunking! And I love to add a handful of kale to it as well. Maybe it makes me feel better about the cheesy mess I’m eating 🙂 . Hope you love it too!
Consider trying these simple sandwich recipes:
- Italian Grilled Cheese
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Pineapple Mango Slaw
Grilled Ham and Cheese with Honey Mustard Sauce
- 8 slices wheat bread
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 16 slices ham
- 16 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh kale , chops and ribs removed
For the Honey Mustard Sauce:
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Hot sauces optional
- Make the honey mustard sauce by combining all ingredients in a bowl and stirring until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use (can be made in advance).
- Spread a thin layer of honey mustard sauce on the insides of the bread slices.
- Layer sandwich with 2 slices of ham, 2 slices of cheese and a handful of kale.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Butter the outsides of the sandwich.
- Add the sandwich and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip to the other side and cook for a few more minutes until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown. Serve warm.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.