German Chocolate Truffles – coconut pecan german chocolate filling rolled into bite-size balls and dipped in chocolate.
Bite sized treats like these German Chocolate Truffles are not only cute, they make the perfect personalized treats. Perfect for parties, holiday gifts, of just a sweet indulgence on the weekend.
These truffles were inspired by my LOVE for German chocolate cake. My favorite German chocolate cake recipe has the most amazing coconut pecan frosting. Whenever we make it everyone wants to eat that stuff straight with a spoon.
I adapted my recipe to make it a little thicker for these truffles. Roll the filling into little balls and dip them in melted chocolate. DELICIOUS! Such a fun, simple and yummy treat. These may just be my neighbor Christmas gifts this year.
Consider trying these bite sized treats:
- Brownie Truffles
- Oreo Cheesecake Bites
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- Pretzel Peanut Clusters
- Caramel Cashew Clusters
- Salted Chocolate Covered Caramels
German Chocolate Truffles
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 12 ounce bags chocolate chips , good quality chocolate
- To a medium saucepan add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, egg yolks, evaporated milk and flour. Bring the mixture to a low boil over medium heat.
- Stir constantly for several minutes until the mixture is thickened. Remove from heat and stir vanilla, pecans and coconut.
- Pour mixture into a tupperware, cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until completely cooled.
- Place a piece of wax or parchment paper over a large plate or cookie sheet. Grease your hands with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scoop out small spoonfuls of the mixture and gently roll into a ball. Place the balls on the wax paper. Place them in the freezer for about 10-20 minutes, or until firm.
- When you're ready to dip them, add the chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 15-20 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Use a fork to lower the balls into the melted chocolate, turning them to coat. Place on the sheet with wax paper and allow to set.
- If you live in a warmer/humid climate, place them in the fridge until set. Refrigerate, covered, to store.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Tag @TastesBetterFromScratch on Instagram with #TastesBetterFromScratch!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.