Scrambled eggs, cheese and sausage links rolled and baked inside a corn tortilla. These Breakfast Taquitos are simple and delicious!
One of my goals for this blog is to provide meal ideas for “real people” that use real ingredients. I don’t share things that are too fancy or difficult to make and I like to use real, quality ingredients. If you see it published on my blog then you can be sure my family already taste tested it and gave it five stars!
I used pork sausage links in these yummy Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos and my family devoured them. They’re so incredibly easy too.
How to Make Breakfast Taquitos:
- Cook sausage links.
- Cook eggs. Whisk eggs in a bowls with a splash of milk. Add to hot pan, cooking until scrambled.
- Warm tortillas.
- Layer: Divide the scrambled eggs among the tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Place a sausage link on top. Roll up and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake at 425F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa for dipping.
Make ahead Instructions:
Prep the taquitos up to the baking step and store them covered in the refrigerator for several hours until ready to bake.
Consider trying these classic breakfast recipes:
- Breakfast Quesadillas
- Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Ham Breakfast Sandwiches
- Seven Layer Breakfast Tacos
- German Pancakes
- Classic French Toast
- Homemade Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
- Crunchy French Toast
Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos
- 7 ounce box fully cooked sausage links
- 5 large eggs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese , your favorite kind
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves , chopped (optional)
- 10 white corn tortillas , or use 6” flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the frozen sausage links to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, until warmed through.
- Remove to a plate, leaving a little bit of the sausage grease in the pan.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and add a splash of water or milk. Whisk well with a fork and then add to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, tossing and scrambling as they cook. (If using spinach, add it to the pan about 2 minutes before the eggs are done cooking.) Remove from heat.
- Warm the tortillas on a hot skillet or griddle for a few seconds until they are pliable.
- Divide the scrambled eggs among the tortillas and top with shredded cheese.
- Place a sausage link on top. Roll up and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa for dipping.
- Next time try French Toast Sausage Roll Ups.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
This post is brought to you by Jones Dairy Farm. As always, all opinions are my own.