Egg and avocado toast is such an easy and healthy breakfast that both kids and adults love.
I’m a huge believer in breakfast as the most important meal of the day! Have you ever noticed on days when you don’t eat a good breakfast how sluggish you feel? I have to have that healthy boost of energy in the morning–cereal, or as I call it, “puff nothings” just doesn’t do it for me!
If I eat a good breakfast, I have more energy throughout the day, and I snack less. My toddler and I eat this Egg and Avocado Toast a few times a week for breakfast and I don’t know who gobbles it up faster; him, or me! We also really enjoy this Tomato Avocado Melt, which is similar, and super easy as well!
You really don’t have to reserve this just for breakfast either! I’ve had it plenty of times as a snack! It’s simple, but healthy and filling at the same time. And the best part about it is that it takes less than 10 minutes to whip together! I like mine with a big scoop of salsa or hot sauce on top!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE BREAKFAST FAVORITES:
- Classic French Toast
- German Pancakes
- Breakfast Quessadillas
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos
- Cheesy Egg, Avocado, and Ham Breakfast Sausages
Egg and Avocado Toast
- 2 slices whole grain bread , toasted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 avocado
- hot sauce , for topping
- Grease a small skillet lightly with butter or cooking spray. Add egg; season with salt and pepper and scramble.
- Mash avocado lightly in a small bowl. Top toast with mashed avocado, eggs, and salsa or hot sauce.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.