Creamy Avocado Pasta with Cajun Blackened Shrimp is a delicious and easy Avocado pasta salad with asparagus, tomatoes and blackened shrimp.
Who stayed up way too late partying for the superbowl?! We had a great time watching the game–(and by that I mean my husband really enjoyed the game and I enjoyed chatting with friends and eating good food 🙂 )
And sooner than I’d like, we’re back to Monday. I keep the Monday blues away by getting excited about the bachelor and making something fun for my family for dinner. My whole family LOVED this Creamy Avocado Pasta with Cajun Blackened Shrimp. I didn’t cajun season the shrimp for my little kids because it was a bit spicy for them. I just add a little salt, pepper and garlic powder to theirs. I saved the extra shrimp from the large bag that I bought to make one of my favorite meals of all time: GUMBO!
I love the colors in this dish. Red and yellow cherry tomatoes don’t last long in our house because me and the kids eat them with everything. And please tell me you love asparagus as much as I do?! YUM! The creamy avocado sauce on the pasta is the perfect compliment to the cajun blackened shrimp. All together this dish is fun, different and delicious!
Creamy Avocado Pasta with Cajun Blackened Shrimp
- 12 ounces shell noodles
- 2 cups red and yellow cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus spears
For the Cajun Blackened Shrimp:
- 2 cups small uncooked shirmp , peeled, tails on
- 3/4 Tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
For the Creamy Avocado Sauce:
- 2 avocados , peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic , minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons milk if needed
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook for about 6-7 minutes, and then add the asparagus to the pot to boil with the noodles. Cook for a few more minutes until the noodles and asparagus are cooked. Drain and set aside.
For the Cajun Blackened Shrimp:
- Add all of the spices to a large ziplock bag and shake to combine. Wash shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Add shrimp to the ziplock bag and shake gently to coat. Heat a little bit of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp to the pan spreading into a single layer. Cook for about 2-4 minutes (depending on how big the shrimp are), then flip to the other side. Cook an additional 2-4 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat.
- For the Creamy Avocado Sauce:
- Make the creamy avocado sauce by adding all ingredients to a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth. Add a little extra milk if needed. Taste and add more salt or pepper, if needed.
- Toss cooked pasta and asparagus in the sauce. Spoon into serving dishes. Top with cherry tomatoes and shrimp. Top with extra parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve warm.
Never miss a post! Follow Tastes Better From Scratch on: