A few years ago a friend and I were dining at the delicious California Pizza Kitchen and she ordered the BLT pizza. At the time I thought she was crazy! There were so many yummy pizza options and that one seemed like the weirdest choice to me—until the pizza came out.
I was immediately mad at myself for not ordering the same thing! A yummy thin crust pizza baked with mozzarella, bacon and tomatoes in a tangy sauce, topped with yummy shredded lettuce!
Whether you’ve tried CPK BLT pizza or not, this copycat version is to die for!! This is a huge favorite during pizza nights at our house!
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR PIZZA RECIPES:
- White Garlic Chicken and Veggie Pizza
- Loaded Jalepeno Popper Pizza
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Pesto Veggie Pizza
- Garlic Ranch Chicken Pizza
- Barbeque Chicken Pizza
Copycat California Pizza Kitchen BLT pizza
- 1 Dough for one large pizza
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 1/2 cups Romaine lettuces , shredded
- 5 slices bacon , pre-cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise , or miracle whip
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large bowl combine mayo or miracle whip, dried basil, garlic powder and onion powder. Set aside.
- Roll out pizza crust until round and thin. Place on pizza stone or in pizza pan.
- Spread a little more than half of your prepared sauce onto the pizza, making a thin smooth layer.
- Top with about 3/4 of your crumbled bacon, and 3/4 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 500 degrees F for 8-12 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
- Remove pizza from oven.
- Toss the chopped romaine lettuce with the remaining dressing/sauce mixture.
- Add the remaining cherry tomatoes and crumbled bacon and toss to combine. Cover pizza with lettuce mixture. Enjoy!
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.