A delicious Italian dish with angel hair pasta, fresh tomatoes, basil, parmesan cheese and shrimp.
Confession: This is one of those dishes with a “fancy” name–Capellini Pomodoro–, that’s probably one of the easiest meals ever to make. Seriously, it only has a handful of ingredients and can definitely be made in well under 30 minutes (which is what I always aim for!)
I always kind of thought my mom made this dish up, but then when I was at Olive Garden one time I noticed “Capellini Pomodoro” on their menu! They didn’t add any shrimp to it (which is a shame) but the dishes were pretty much the same.
So basically I think Olive Garden stole this wonderful meal idea from my mom. I’m totally KIDDING!!! hahaha. Capellini Pomodoro is an authentic Italian dish!
My favorite thing about this meal is that everything in it is fresh! Have you noticed that meals made with fresh ingredients are usually always healthier too? So there you have it…fresh, healthy, tasty and “fancy”, in less than 30 minutes 🙂
CONSIDER TRYING THESE POPULAR ETHNIC INSPIRED RECIPES:
- Thai Green Curry Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
- Kung Pao Noodle Stir-Fry
- Korean Bulgogi Bowls
Capellini Pomodoro with Shrimp
A delicious Italian dish with angel hair pasta, fresh tomatoes, basil, parmesan cheese and shrimp.Print Pin Rate Add to My Meal Plan Go to Meal Plan
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp , washed and patted dry
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 pounds Roma tomatoes , diced
- freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves , chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1 clove garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and saute for 3-4 minutes, just until barely pink on both sides (they will get cooked more later). Remove shrimp to a plate.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2 cloves garlic to the same skillet.
- Add freshly diced tomatoes and cook, stirring constantly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add fresh ground black pepper, to taste. Add shrimp and fresh chopped basil. Cook for a few minutes longer, until shrimp is cooked completely.
- Serve mixture over hot cooked angel hair pasta. Garnish with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Calories: 621kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 296mg | Sodium: 1089mg | Potassium: 860mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2315IU | Vitamin C: 37.5mg | Calcium: 358mg | Iron: 4.5mg
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.