Sweet and tangy Brussels Sprout Salad made with cranberries, pecans, chopped apples, feta cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette. This simple salad is always a crowd favorite!
So, every year when Fall rolls around I have a new favorite salad. It’s true–my husband will make fun of me for it. I get hooked on a specific salad and make it every day for weeks for my lunch. Well, I’m here to tell you THIS ONE–this fresh and crunchy Brussels Sprout Salad–is my new salad. I can’t get enough of it.
What I love about Brussels Sprouts Salad:
- Make it ahead of time: I usually have all of the ingredients in my fridge already prepped. Shred the Brussels sprouts and make the dressing up to 1 week ahead of time. Cook the bacon and chop the apples several hours before and mix a little lemon juice over the apples to keep them from browning. This way you can just grab and toss everything together really quickly.
- Potluck go-to: Whenever we have holiday parties with a large group–potluck style–I always bring a big salad. In most potluck style gatherings we go to, the salads or veggies of any kind are usually scarce and this salad is always a crowd favorite.
- That simple dressing: The 5-ingredient homemade maple balsamic vinaigrette is out of this world.
How to Make Brussels Sprouts Salad:
1. Shred the Brussels sprouts: First remove the very end of the stem and discard it. Then use a sharp knife to slice the Brussels sprouts as thin as possible or use a food processor with a slicing attachment.
2. Combine dressing ingredients: Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar. Place a lid on the jar and shake well.
3. Toss and serve: add shredded Brussels sprouts, cranberries, pecans, apples, bacon, onion and feta to a large bowl and pour desired amount of dressing over the salad, a little at a time (you may not use it all!), until coated. Store leftover dressing in the fridge.
Some of my favorite Fall salads include:
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Broccoli Apple Salad
- Cauliflower and Bacon Salad
- Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad
Brussels Sprout Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts , rinsed and tough outer leaves pulled away
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pecans , chopped
- 1 large apple , chopped
- 4 slices bacon , cooked and chopped
- 2 green onions , thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup (not pancake syrup)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- Hold the core end of a Brussels sprouts and, starting at the top, shred each Brussels sprout into as thin of slices as possible. Discard and large pieces of core.
- Place shredded Brussels sprouts, cranberries, pecans, apples, bacon, onion and feta in a large bowl.
- For the dressing (can be made several days in advance): Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar.
- Place a lid on the jar and shake well. Pour desired amount over the salad, a little at a time (you may not use it all!), until coated.
- Store leftover dressing in the fridge.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.