Blue cheese wedged salad is lettuce (cut in a wedge) served with blue cheese dressing and sprinkled with bacon, tomatoes, onions and nuts.
It’s probably a fact that wedge salads are the easiest on the planet to throw together. So
why is it that they still seem so “fancy” to me?! I LOVE them! If a wedge salad is on the menu at a restaurant, I want it! They’re fun to eat, and paired with a delicious dressing, like this homemade Blue Cheese dressing, they’re hard to beat! This Blue Cheese Wedge Salad is inexpensive, easy to make, and it’s always a crowd pleaser!
With Father’s Day coming up on Sunday I know this salad will be on my menu! Jeff loves it, and I love how easy it is to prepare!
Consider trying these popular salad recipes:
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup light sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp buttermilk
- 3 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1 ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces bleu cheese (reserve a few chunks for garnish)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce , cored and cut into 6-8 wedges
- 8 slices bacon , cooked, cooled and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- Pecans or walnuts , toasted, for garnish (optional)
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a medium bowl and stir well to combine. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place each lettuce wedge on a plate, drizzle with the blue cheese dressing and then sprinkle with crumbled bacon, tomatoes, onion, nuts (if desired) and any reserved blue cheese chunks. Garnish with fresh crushed black pepper, to taste.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.