It’s probably a fact that wedge salads are the easiest on the planet to throw together. So
why is it that they still seem so “fancy” to me?! I LOVE them! If a wedge salad is on the menu at a restaurant, I want it! They’re fun to eat, and paired with a delicious dressing, like this homemade Blue Cheese dressing, they’re hard to beat! This Blue Cheese Wedge Salad is inexpensive, easy to make, and it’s always a crowd pleaser!
With Father’s Day coming up on Sunday I know this salad will be on my menu! Jeff loves it, and I love how easy it is to prepare!
- 1 cup light sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp buttermilk
- 3 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1 ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces blue cheese (reserve a few chunks for garnish)
- 1 head iceberg lettuce , cored and cut into 4 wedges
- 8 slices of bacon , cooked, cooled and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- Pecans or walnuts , toasted, for garnish (optional)
Add all of the dressing ingredients to a medium bowl and stir well to combine. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Place each lettuce wedge on a plate, drizzle with the blue cheese dressing and then sprinkle with crumbled bacon, tomatoes, onion, nuts (if desired) and any reserved blue cheese chunks. Garnish with fresh crushed black pepper, to taste.
If you like this recipe you may like:
This post may be linked up to one of these fabulous linky parties!