Creamy Baked Turkey Penne is the perfect recipe for using up your leftover Thanksgiving turkey! Pasta with tomatoes, broccoli and turkey in a cheesy, creamy sauce.
Does your family buy an extra huge turkey just to insure there are leftovers? That’s a pretty standard practice right? My favorite are using any leftovers of my FAVORITE Feather Light Rolls to make little turkey and cheese sandwiches. But, I also love turning into some extra meals for my family.
I’ll use leftover turkey in an recipe I usually put chicken in. It’s a great substitute. And reversely, I often substitute chicken in recipes that call for turkey. So, feel free to add either to this delicious Baked Creamy Turkey Penne. It’s hearty, flavorful and a great meal for a family.
Baked Creamy Turkey Penne
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets about 1 bunch broccoli
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion , diced
- 6 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Turkey , chopped and cooked (or chicken)
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs (I used panko)
- 2 Tablespoons butter , melted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add broccoli and boil for 1 minute. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and cook until almost al-dente. Drain water and set pasta aside.
- Add olive oil to a large, casserole-style skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened.
- Stir in the garlic, basil and oregano and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the flour, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the chicken broth and half and half and bring to a simmer.
- Add the diced tomatoes, turkey, cooked pasta, and broccoli and toss to combine. Sprinkle with cheeses and toss to combine.
- Mix together breadcrumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle all over the top of the pasta.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.