Asian Ramen Salad with Ramen noodles, cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, and almonds and a simple ingredient dressing.
I just arrived home in Utah for a few weeks for a much needed getaway before baby number 2 arrives! I’m sure other Mom’s can relate, but this second pregnancy has just flown by. When I was pregnant with Jackson I feel like pregnancy was all I thought about because it was all soo new and exciting!
Those 9 months just crawled by! This time around it has still been really exciting, but I just don’t think about it as often since I’m so busy chasing a toddler around. I can’t believe I’ll have two littles in just a few short weeks! Time has flown by!
My Mom made this Asian Ramen Salad growing up and I’m ashamed to admit that I’d completely forgotten about it, until recently. I really love this salad! I made a huge batch of it recently and my husband and I enjoyed it all week long.
It’s perfect as a side to BBQ Chicken Drumsticks or Marinated Steak Kebabs or you can throw some chicken in it and eat it as a main dish! I feel like it’s a fairly well known salad, but people call it different things, like Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodles Salad, Ramen Coleslaw, or even Cabbage Salad. Whatever it’s called, it’s TASTY!
Consider trying these popular salad recipes:
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Creamy Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad
Asian Ramen Salad
- 1/2 head cabbage , shredded
- 3 large carrots , shredded
- 4-5 green onions , chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper , or green (optional)
- 2 packages chicken flavored ramen noodles , seasoning packets reserved
- 2 cups cooked chicken , shredded (optional)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
For the Dressing
- 2/3 cup oil (vegetable or canola oil)
- 6 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 packages chicken flavored ramen seasoning
- In a large bowl mix together cabbage, carrots, onion, chicken, and almonds.
- Remove the seasoning packets from the ramen noodle packages and set aside for use in the dressing.
- Place noodles in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Add the noodles to the bowl with the cabbage.
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.