Berry Shortcake with Coconut Whipped Cream is fresh berries and Greek yogurt pound cake topped with coconut whipped cream and toasted coconut flakes. The BEST fresh, light and easy summer dessert.
I’m already craving all things berry. The warmer weather is getting to me I guess. When I’m shopping at Costco, in particular, I just can’t resist buying a flat of their amazing, big, fresh rasperries.
If my kids are with me we there’s no way we make it out of the store with the raspberries untouched. The trifecta of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries makes my morning cereal, yogurt or oatmeal very, very happy! I also love berries in these desserts:
Strawberry shortcake was a regular occurrence at our family Easter parties, Mother’s Day and summer events when I was young. My mom always made pound cake from scratch, and this easy Greek Yogurt Vanilla Pound Cake recipe goes perfectly with this dessert.
Fresh berries in a light syrup with coconut whipped cream and toasted coconut flakes on top. So many amazing flavors and such a light and simple dessert.
Consider trying these popular dessert recipes:
Berry Shortcake with Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 loaf Greek Yogurt vanilla Pound Cake or angel food cake
- 2 cups fresh strawberries , sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- juice from 1 lime
For the Coconut Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 2/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Add berries to a mixing bowl.
- Pour sugar and lime juice over them and stir gently for a minute or two to incorporate.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes and stir again. You want the sugar to dissolve and a light syrup will form.
- Place the whipping cream in a large mixing bowl and beat on high with electric mixers for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and extracts and continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Add the coconut flakes to a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes, occasionally tossing gently, until the flakes are golden brown.
- Slice cake and spoon a layer of berries on top of each slice.
- Top with a large spoonful of whipped cream and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.