Life is a little crazy at our house right now. My husband is back at school, finishing his last semester of law school and working part time. And I’m getting us ready to move in less than two weeks!
With crazy schedules comes an extra need for super easy dinners…right?! So today I bring you the easiest, tastiest pasta dish. This Tomato Basil Chicken Pasta can be made in 15-minutes! Fresh tomatoes and basil, some fresh garlic, and parmesan cheese, all over warm spaghetti. It’s super flavorful–I mean, what’s not to love about the tomato/basil combo? Simply delicious, healthy comfort food.
- 12 oz. spaghetti noodles
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 3 Tbsp cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds diced roma tomatoes
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh chopped basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add olive oil to the skillet. Once hot, add chicken and brown for a few minutes on each side, flipping once. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add garlic to the pan and sauté for 1 minute. Add freshly diced tomatoes and cook, stirring, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add fresh ground black pepper, to taste. Slice the chicken and add it back to the pan along with the fresh chopped basil. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese. Cook for 1-2 more minutes.
- Serve mixture over hot cooked spaghetti noodles. Garnish with remaining parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.