In my (completely bias) opinion, what’s not to love about this Spinach Avocado Pasta Salad? Spinach: yes please. Cilantro: YUM. Chickpeas: Love them. Tomatoes and avocados: make everything better. This salad just works. It’s a beautiful blend of flavor and color and it’s completely delicious!
Once summer hits I become a pasta salad-making maniac. It just always hits the spot! I love it, and my kids love it, so I make different versions of pasta salad, A LOT. And the one thing I really, really love about this salad in particular is how fresh and healthy it is. And It’s filling too! The yummy, light lemon dressing adds the perfect touch of sweetness. I love to make extra to have in the fridge to feed everyone throughout the week.
- 2 1/2 cups mini penne noodles (or other bite size pasta)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 of a bunch of cilantro
- 1/4 cups onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 avocados, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Juice of lemon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain pasta and set aside.
- Place cilantro and spinach in a food processor and process until chopped into tiny pieces. Add greens to a medium bowl. Stir in the garlic, onion, tomatoes, avocado, and beans. Add the cooked pasta, and stir to combine. Pour dressing over the top and stir gently until everything is well coated.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes (or more) to let flavors combine.