My favorite cookie–in MUFFIN form! These snickerdoodle muffins are soft and tender with a cinnamon sugar topping that will keep you coming back for more.
My little baby boy is one month old today! I feel like celebrating the fact that we’ve all survived the last four weeks. So far, baby number 3 has been a pretty smooth transition though. He’s the sweetest, mellowest little boy and I’m trying to appreciate every moment that he’s this little, since they grow so quickly.
In my current sleep-deprived state from caring for a newborn, there’s one thing that can drag me out of bed in the morning: BREAKFAST. Something delicious to look forward to. Lately it has been eggs and oatmeal. Sometimes I feel extra indulgent and make these easy German pancakes or 5-minute whole wheat pancakes.
Muffins are definitely high on my list of breakfast indulgences. They’re like cupcakes, without frosting, and no one can judge you for eating them for breakfast! I’m always thinking of new types of muffins to make–sometimes sweets-inspired muffins, like these lemon raspberry muffins, and sometimes healthier muffins, since they make the perfect snacks for my kids. If you haven’t tried these healthy applesauce oat muffins, you must!
These snickerdoodle muffins have the flavors I LOVE from my favorite snickerdoodle cookies, but in muffin form! They base muffin is perfectly light and tender–just like a great muffin should be! Then you brush the tops of the muffins with some melted butter, cinnamon and sugar. Hello snickerdoodle perfection! These muffins are delicious!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For topping:
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a standard muffin pan generously with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add the butter and granulated sugar to a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Cream together for about 2 minutes, until smooth and well combined. Add egg. Add vanilla, milk and Greek yogurt and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and fold in using a rubber spatula, just until combined. Don't overmix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (or with just a few moist crumbs). Allow to cool in the muffin tin for a minute or two before removing to a wire cooling rack.
- While the muffins bake, melt the butter for the topping. In a separate small container mix together the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Once the muffins are out of the oven and have cooled for just a few minutes, use a pastry brush to brush a thin layer of melted butter over each muffin. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar mixture. (You can also dip the muffin tops in the melted butter, followed by the sugar, but I've found that they look prettier when you use a pastry brush and then sprinkle the sugar.)
Never miss a post! Follow me on: