Slow Cooker Cranberry BBQ Meatballs are sweet and tangy with a little kick you will love. The easiest appetizer and finger food that is perfect for parties and entertaining.
It’s the season for all things “appetizer”, am I right? We’re talking football games, baseball world series, and holiday parties galore. And if there’s one thing I’ve noticed, the little bite size appetizers, like these Cranberry BBQ Meatballs, always get devoured the fastest. It doesn’t matter how old you are, or how picky you are, EVERYONE loves a yummy little meatball appetizer.
Some of my other favorite crowd pleasing party appetizers include:
The best part about this recipe is you can make it as simple as you want. You can use store bought, frozen meatballs–I really like the Costco brand of frozen meatballs–or you can make your own meatballs from scratch. And if you’re super organized, you can make homemade meatballs, freeze a bunch of them, and use those whenever you’re in a pinch and decide to make this quick and easy appetizer.
- 50-60 frozen meatballs, store bought or homemade ((I love the frozen Costco brand)
- 1 (14 oz) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (12 oz) jar cocktail sauce, or homemade
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Finely chopped green onions, for garnish
- Spray the bottom of your slow cooker lightly with cooking spray. Add frozen meatballs to the bottom of pot.
- In a large bowl stir together cranberry sauce, cocktail sauce, brown sugar, water, and barbecue sauce and pour over meatballs. Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours. Serve warm garnished with chopped green onions, if desired.
Never miss a post! Follow me on: