I love meeting people who share my love for cooking from scratch! I’ve recently made a new friend who is also a food blogger and I found this amazing Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe on her blog, Fueling a Fit Fam. She’s also passionate about cooking with “real” ingredients and her blog has tons of healthy recipes I can’t wait to try!
These Skinny Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins did not disappoint! They are soft and cake-like and the pumpkin spice flavors are delicious! I’ve already made two big batches and frozen them for special snacks for my kids. They devour them, and since it’s a healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe, I don’t have to worry about them indulging on one for a little snack. And let’s be honest, I love them even more than my kids do 🙂
- 1 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray (or line with muffin liners)
- Whisk dry ingredients together: flour, cornstarch, pumpkin spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients together: eggs, melted butter, honey, and pumpkin puree.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the pumpkin mixture. Mix just until combined. (Do not overmix).
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4 full. Bake for until golden brown and a toothpick comes clean, about 16 – 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. .
These freeze very well!
Recipe adapted from Fueling a Fit Fam
Never miss a post! Follow me on:
Try some of my other favorite “healthier” snacks: