These simple, 4-ingredient Salted Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars will quickly become your new favorite sweet and salty treat! No bake and no candy thermometer needed.
It honestly doesn’t get much easier, or TASTIER, than these Salted Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bars. It’s like the best homemade candy bar ever! And the best part is that it’s only FOUR ingredients, and you don’t need a candy thermometer or any special equipment. It’s pretty much fool-proof, and fail-proof.
The method for this salty and sweet treat is super easy.
First, melt your chocolate. Good quality chocolate chips are a must!
I like the ghiardelli brand of chocolate chips, for melting, or you could even melt a a couple of Hershey’s chocolate bars.
Smooth the melted chocolate onto parchment paper.
Throw on some pretzels. They don’t need to be in an even layer.
Drizzle the pretzels generously with melted caramel. This is what makes everything stick together! I prefer these Kraft Caramel Bits to the wrapped caramel cubes. You don’t have to unwrap them–thank goodness!–and the melted caramel is the perfect texture. There’s nothing worse then hard, sticky caramel, right?! ALSO, if you prefer to make the caramel FROM SCRATCH, use this homemade caramel recipe.
Top the bars with some more melted chocolate and a little sprinkle of sea salt–YUM!
These are the perfect treat for pretty much any occasion. I sent them with my husband for his work cookie exchange during Christmas and his office friends went crazy for them. (Kind of embarrassing considering how EASY they are, but they didn’t need to know that 🙂 ) They’d also be perfect for Valentine’s day. But let’s be honest, you really don’t need any excuse at all–just a sweet tooth and a few minutes of your time. Enjoy!
- 12 ounces good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (I like ghiardelli best for melting)
- 8 ounces mini pretzel twists (half of a regular 16-ounce bag)
- 11 ounce bag Kraft Caramel Bits or from scratch
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt 8 ounces of the chocolate chips gently in the microwave (on low heat, stirring every 15 seconds) until smooth. Spread the chocolate evenly over the parchment. Immediately add the pretzel twists over the top (it's ok if they overlap!) and gently press them into the chocolate.
- Add caramel bits to a microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water and melt according to package instructions (on high for 2 minutes). Stir well and drizzle the melted caramel over the top of all of the pretzels.
- Melt remaining 4 ounces of chocolate and drizzle over the caramel. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
- Cut or tear into pieces, Enjoy!
Never miss a post! Follow me on:
This post contains affiliate links. I love sharing my favorite products and cooking tools with you guys!