My husband and I have been married for almost 5 years, and it’s completely shameful how many times he’s asked me to make this salad, and how long it took me to actually make it! He would go on and on about how his Grandpa always made this salad during the summer and for family get togethers and how it was always his favorite!
I finally made it a few months ago—and I’ve made it many times since, because I completely fell in love with it!!! Lesson learned; when you’re husband tells you to make something, DO it! (And thank you Grandpa Anderson for inventing this amazing recipe that we enjoy so often!!) I could honestly eat this salad every single night! It’s the perfect side for any summer barbecue! You could also eat it as a main course–throw on some avocado and grilled meat and it would be completely delicious!
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups of corn kernels (fresh or frozen, cooked)
- 4-5 cups of chopped lettuce
- Italian dressing (your favorite)
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- Combine the Italian dressing and diced tomatoes and onion and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Place corn kernels in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Roast for several minutes, flipping occasionally, until golden brown.
- Prepare plates by placing a large handful of lettuce on each. Top with black beans and roasted corn. Pour desired amount of Italian dressing (with the tomatoes and onions), on top. Enjoy!
Check out some more yummy salad recipes: