My mom made this pumpkin chocolate chip bread all the time growing up, and I’m just going to put this out there– this is the best pumpkin bread recipe EVER. It’s my absolute favorite recipe and one I always make this time of year! This recipe makes two large loaves, or one large loaf and three mini loaves….that way you can save the large loaf for your family and spread the love by giving three mini loaves to your friends!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 (12oz) pckg chocolate chips
- Cream together sugar and butter in a large bowl. Add eggs and mix well. Add pumpkin and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Alternately add flour mixture, then milk and vanilla to pumpkin mixture. Fold in chocolate chips at the end.
- Pour batter into well greased bread pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
- *For mini loaves, check them around 30min after baking, then every 5 min. after that (if they need it) until they are done.
If you like this recipe you may like: