Pizza Stuffed Shells with tender noddles filled with a “pizza supreme” mixture and layered with sauce, pepperoni and cheese.
Do you ever get in a dinner rut? I think it happens to all of us, right? That’s one of my biggest hopes for this blog is that it helps you think of some great dinner ideas that your family will love. If you haven’t already, you may want to check out my MEAL PLANS. I hand-pick 5 great meals and I include a printable grocery shopping list, to make it extra easy for you!
I hope you guys will LOVE these easy, pizza stuffed shells as much as my family does. The steps are easy. Start by cooking a box of jumbo pasta shells in a large pot of boiling water. These should be easy to find at your local grocery store. Once the shells are cooled you can place them on a sheet pan to cool so that they don’t stick together. If you’re in a pinch for time you could cook the shells and make the filling a day in advance.
Fill the tender cooked pasta shells as full as you can with the tastiest meat mixture. If you love supreme pizzas (or even if you don’t!) you will LOVE the filling in these yummy shells. A beef/sausage combo with peppers, onions, cheese and olives. Then, smother the shells in sauce, cheese and pepperoni’s. YUMMMMMM!
There’s something about stuffed shells that’s just completely comforting and happy! They’re fun and different than your typical pasta dinner–especially with a pizza-like filling. I’m pretty sure these Pizza Stuffed Shells will be a hit with everyone in your family, no matter their age. What’s not to love? Tender pasta shells stuffed with a pizza supreme filling of cheese, sausage, peppers, onions and olives, topped with your favorite red sauce and extra cheese. It’s making me drool just thinking about it! And if you love stuffed shells as much as my family, you should try these Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells and these Lasagna Stuffed Shells.
- 1 box Jumbo pasta shells
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb pork sausage
- 1/2 of a bell pepper (any color), chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small can sliced olives
- salt and pepper
- 24 oz jar pizza/marinara sauce
- 4 oz pepperoni's, chopped
- 1 heaping cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook jumbo shells according to package instructions, until al-dente. Drain from water and lay out on a large dish to cool, so that they don't stick together.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef and sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove grease. Add cooked meat to a large mixing bowl. Add chopped bell pepper, onion, parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic, olives, and 1/2 cup of marinara sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce over the bottom of a 9x13'' or similar size pan.
- Add a heaping spoonful of meat mixture into each jumbo shell, filling them very full, and line them up along the bottom of a 9x13'' or similar size pan. Spoon remaining sauce evenly over the noodles. Top with chopped pepperoni's and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Never miss a post! Follow me on: