When it comes to menu planning at our house, I’m in charge 99% of the time. My husband doesn’t mind–he’s usually happy to eat anything that I make. But when he does get the chance to make a suggestion, I can always guarantee that this pizza casserole will be on the list.
His other FAVORITE meals include:
I’m always happy to oblige when he asks for pizza casserole. It’s super easy to make, my kids love it, and I can always sneak in some extra chopped veggies (like chopped zucchini and squash). You could also use whole wheat noodles, and just 1 cup of cheese on top to make it a healthier.
- 4 cups penne pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb pork sausage
- 4 oz pepperoni's
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 can sliced olives
- 24 oz jar pizza/marinara sauce
- 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook penne pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef and sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain grease. Add cooked meat to a large mixing bowl. Add pepperoni's, bell pepper, onion, parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic, mushroom and olives. Add noodles and pasta sauce and toss to combine. Pour mixture into a greased 9x13'' pan. Sprinkle 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese on top, (depending on how much cheese you want). Bake for at 350 degrees F. for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbling.
If you like this recipe you may like: