I’ve got big plans for all of the fresh peaches coming in season! First off, I can’t believe I haven’t shared a canned peaches tutorial with you guys yet. I’ve done several other canning recipes, but canned peaches are my favorite! That recipe will be coming soon, for sure! I might even make some fresh peach chutney too, since I love it soo, soo much! There are so many delicious things you can do with fresh peaches, including my favorite peach jam recipe, but this amazing Peach Crisp recipe is the perfect way to kick off the season!
I’m a huge fan of fresh fruit crisps. Warm sweet fruit with a crumbly sweet oat topping, baked to crispy perfection. Add some ice cream on top…or don’t. I love it either way! My Apple Crisp recipe is one of the most popular dessert recipes on my blog. And this Peach Crisp is a, just as delicious, variation of it.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- dash of salt
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, diced into small chunks
- 3 1/2 lbs peaches (about 6-8) peeled, cored and sliced about 3/4in thick
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- dash of cinnamon
- Add the sliced peaches to a medium size bowl. Add 1/4 cup sugar and toss to coat. Allow peaches to sit for about 20 minutes, to allow the sugar to pull some of the juice out of them.
- Meanwhile, make the crumb topping by combining all ingredients. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture resembles small crumbs. Refrigerate the mixture until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drain the peaches, reserving the peach juice, and placing the peaches in a large bowl. Measure out 1/4 cup of the peach juice and add it to a small bowl (you can discard the rest, or drink it because it's delicious!). Stir in the flour, lemon juice, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Pour mixture over peaches and toss to combine. Pour peaches into a 8x8'' or similar size dish. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and top is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
If you like this recipe you may like: