Peach season is pretty much the best time of the year, am I right?! I love going to “pick your own” farms or buying a large box from a local vendor. Peaches are one of those things I could never get sick of! I’ll make a simple peach salsa with them, or my favorite homemade Peach freezer jam, and I always can the leftovers so we have fresh canned peaches all year round!
This peach cobbler recipe comes from my mom, and it is a family favorite recipe she made all the time growing up! The best part about it is that it literally takes 5 minutes to throw together! My mom always used a quart jar of homemade canned peaches, but you can also use fresh peaches!
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 quart jar of canned peaches*
- Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice butter into pieces and add to a 9x13 baking dish. Place pan in the oven until butter has melted. Remove from oven.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk. Spoon mixture into pan, over melted butter. Spoon canned peaches (juice and all) over the batter. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- 4 cups sliced, fresh peaches
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Stir ingredients in a large saucepan. Heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and pour over cobbler batter (just like you would do with canned peaches).