Better than take-out Orange Peel Chicken recipe that couldn’t be easier to make from scratch!
I’m all about take-out style recipes you can make from home. Orange chicken is one of my all-time favorites, but I also love:
The flavors in this recipe are perfect–sweet and tangy, with a little bit of spice. And you honestly can’t beat how EASY this dish is. Made in one pan, no deep-frying or special methods. It’s way healthier than take-out too. I serve it with my favorite Fried Rice, (I leave out the ham and substitute brown rice.)
- 2 chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons of oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Hot cooked brown rice, for serving
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-4 teaspoons Sriracha hot sauce (to taste, for heat)
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons corn starch
- Add cornstarch and chicken pieces to a ziplock bag and shake to evenly coat.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken in 2-3 batches, cooking for several minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Add more oil while cooking, if needed. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add the sauce ingredients to the pan and whisk well to combine. Cook for a few minutes, until thickened. Add green onions and cooked chicken and toss to coat. Serve over hot cooked rice with a few extra green onions and sesame seeds (optional) on top.
Never miss a post! Follow Tastes Better From Scratch on: