German Pancakes was one of my favorite breakfasts growing up, (and I guess I can say it still is!) My mom would always let me help her make them and when we finished I would sit in front of the oven and watch the batter puff up and grow as it baked! These Mini German Pancakes are a fun twist to the traditional version and I love filling them with whipped cream and diced fruit! They not only look pretty, they’re TASTY and they’re the perfect individual size for everyone to enjoy! They also make a great patriotic breakfast for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July!
I feel like it’s a well kept secret how simple and easy German Pancakes are to make. Most people already have all of the ingredients they need to make them, and if you make these Mini German Pancakes, they only take 10 minutes to bake! Start to finish you are looking at no longer than 20 minutes! Easy, fast, delicious, and beautiful! That’s what we all aim for right?!
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream + 1 tsp sugar, whipped to stiff peaks
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup halved blackberries or whole blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mini German Pancakes are made in a regular size muffin tin. Begin by adding a thin slice of butter to the center of each muffin tin. Place the cupcake pan in the oven, just for a few seconds, to melt the butter.
- In a blender add eggs, milk, flour, salt and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Pour batter into muffin tin, filling each spot about 2/3 full. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until puffy and edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Fill each mini pancake with a spoonful of whipped cream. Top with strawberries and blueberries. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe you may like: